Monday, 1 September 2014

Monthlyview - August

Hey all you awesome people,

First of all sorry this is posted in September, I went on holiday and didn't have the chance to post it sooner. I would also like to thank everyone who reads my blog as this month I broke records in my personal blog statistics so thank you so much for that! Well let's get to the interesting part. August has been quite a month..and here are my views:

1.Song of the month


This month has been quite a good month for music. I could not decide which song I prefer so I present you the two winners ;) It's becoming a problem...I cannot get these songs out of my head!

2.Album of the month


I must be honest. I haven't had the opportunity to buy the album yet but I know it is just outstanding. It is Troye Sivan's third album. He is INSANELY talented and half South African ;) Definitely worth a try. I am buying it as soon as I can. I shared his first single in last months review. If you liked it give the rest of the album a try :)

3. Movie of the Month

I'm not going to lie I went to the movies wanting to watch a different movie. Unfortunately that was not showing anymore so I saw Guardians of the Galaxy. Being in a girls only family means I never really watched these kind of movies so I was reluctant to watch this. But wow did it surprise me. I actually really enjoyed the movie and I'm so glad I missed the other movie. 'I AM GROOT" will stick with me forever ;') 

4.Hottie of the month


Do I even need to give an explanation? Divergent's star Theo James is one hottie to watch. Just look at those cheek bones. Impressive stuff.

5.TV Show of the Month


This month we had the always entertaining annual  Mtv Video Music Awards. This is one show I never miss. It always brings drama and interesting results. This year's awards did not disappoint. Between Nicki's 'Anaconda' performance, Miley's homeless date, Beyonce's tribute and Lorde's controversy Rock video win it was quite the show. Imagine attending an event like that! What did you think of the show?

6. Shocker of the Month


The sudden passing of Robin Williams was a shock to all. He is an incredibly talented actor who brought laughter and happiness to millions of people around the world. He is a legend and will be missed by many.  I will forever remember him as the over the top advertiser in 'The Crazy Ones' and so many more amazing characters.R.I.P Robin.

7. Book of the month.

Ok..I kinda didn't read a book this month...Forgive me I was relaxing on the beach! I will recommend if you aren't exactly a reader that you can use www.audible.com. It is an amazing site that lets you buy audible books and you can listen to them whenever you want. They are great for long flights or if you are just to lazy to pick up a book. Even me I am lazy. 

8. Video of the month


Honestly this is the cutest ad! Ahh the back to school blues ;'( I go back in a week. Sigh. Anyway this video will get you excited for what the new year/term brings. See if you can spot any of your favourite youtubers in the ad ;)

9. Obsession of the month



All my social media has been taken over by this latest obsession. The ALS ice bucket challenge aimed to raise awareness of the disease ALS. It involves you having a bucket of ice poured onto you so for a second you can feel what ALS feels like. This has honestly been an extremely successful project. Celebrities, sport teams, government officials and what feels like everyone on the planet has participated. It has raised over $1 million for the foundation. If you would like to donate you can donate at  http://www.alsa.org/fight-als/ice-bucket-challenge.html 


All in all it has been quite an insane month. I have honestly had one of the best holidays of my life. I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and good luck to everyone going back to school/college/work. What did you think of August? How was your holiday? Feel free to comment :)

Have a good week

Emma
xx

4 comments:

  1. Love this post b! I've loved August, I really need to listen to Troye's album though! I love him x
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my blog to see what the award is about! :)

    mimiontheverge.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi, I have already done it but `I will add your questions to the post :) xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete